To trim Elios, connect the whole system (Aircraft, remote controller, and Cockpit). Go to Cockpit > Settings > TRIM.
This is the place where the user can trim a horizontally-drifting aircraft. Various controls are available to perform trimming.
Using the touch frame to move the target, a trim position can directly be set (touch once first to enable panel; this is a guard against unwanted changes when swiping panels). It is possible to change one axis at a time by using the side sliders as well. Fine tune the value using the arrow buttons , and reset to the zero point of each axis by using the individual axis reset buttons . This operation should be done with the aircraft armed in a wide open place with no turbulences nor wind.
Alternatively, the trim position can be recorded from the RC stick using the auto trim procedure, having the instructions shown in the auto trim section. In detail:
- Have the aircraft flying in a safe place, if possible open enough to avoid airflows from the propellers blowback on the aircraft.
- Using the pitch & roll stick, find the position in which the aircraft is stationary. The small cross indicates the current stick position relative to the current trim.
- Press the Fn button to begin recording.
- While the recording progress bar fills up on screen, hold the stick into the position that makes the aircraft steady. During this moment, values from the stick are collected to compute an average that will be the new trim position.
- The new position is then recorded unless the stick has moved too much during the recording. The trim target takes the position of the small cross when recorded.
- You can attempt autotrim as many times as you want in a row. Each autotrim take is relative to the previous trim setting; all that is needed is to fly the aircraft in the steady position and the application takes care of saving it.