The following elements summarize the main points to keep in mind about the warranty, exams, and training:
- Each UAV should be used by a certified pilot to be covered by the warranty.
- To become certified, a pilot must pass the Basic Theory Exam which can be either completed online or during a one-day Introductory Training.
- Being certified does not require any practical exam nor training, only the theoretical knowledge assessed during the Basic Theory Exam is required.
- The pilot should be certified prior to the first use of the UAV.
You may also take an additional practical Introductory Training. This Introductory Training is free of charge if done at a Flyability Training Center, and allows up to 3 attendees per UAV purchased.
- Only the Introduction Training done at a Flyability Training Center can assess piloting skills and administer piloting exams, as this requires defined facilities and modules.
- Only official Flyability Training Partners can provide training.
- Customers are free to choose the Flyability Training Partner of your choice.
- Flyability keeps a registry of all the certified pilots, which is also linked to our customer support system. Each UAV is linked to the pilot(s).
Only flights done by a certified pilot are covered by the warranty.