Range Extender overview
In remote environments, the need of displacing the antenna can offer a more reliable communication link between the GCS and Elios. It can be used to inspect confined space without entering by placing only the Range Extender inside. This option can be provided by Flyability.
Range Extender controller
The Elios controller has been modified to implement two antenna connectors. This modification offers the possibility to connect antennas directly to the controller or to connect the extension cables to offset those antennas.
The antennas are removable antennas. They can be placed directly on the Controller if the Range Extender is not needed. Or placed on the Range Extender module if the operation requires the use of the Range Extender.
The extension cables drive the Radio Frequency signal from the controller to the Range Extender module. They have a length of 20m.
Range Extender module
The Range Extender module strengthens the Radio Frequency signal after being displaced by the extension cables.
Gives at all time the status of the battery connected to it. When this one reaches a critical level, the battery checker will emit an alarm to let the operator now that he should change the battery.
Setting up Range Extender
With the Range Extender
- Connect the Extension cables to the Range Extender controller
- Once the external cables are fully deployed, connect its red marked end of to the “Signal” side of the Range Extender module.
- Screw on the Range Extender module the antennas, you can then orientate with a 90º and give them your preferred orientation.
- Place and secure a battery in Range Extender module battery holder. Then, power the signal boosters.
- Connect the battery checker to the battery balance connector, to have a constant monitoring of your battery level. Note that the red wire should be on the (+) side of the battery checker.
- Once everything is properly connected, turn on the Range Extender controller
Without the Range Extender
- Connect the external antennas to the Range Extender controller antenna connector.
- Only then, turn on the Range Extender controller